Springfield, Missouri has served as the headquarters for Barker Phillips Jackson (BPJ) since 1960. Since then, we' ve added satellite locations in Rolla and West Plains.
Following is a bit of BPJ history. It' s easy to see how growth through acquisition has resulted in our reputation as one of the largest, most influential in the industry.
Milton Phillips and Paul Barker formed Barker-Phillips.
Barker-Phillips purchased the E.W. Phillips Agency.
Barker-Phillips Insurers and Consolidated Jackson Corporation (est. 1934) merged to form Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc., the largest independent broker in southern Missouri. Richard Jackson became President/CEO.
Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc. became an employee-owned company through the implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Three east-central Missouri agencies merged and were simultaneously acquired by Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc. (The Wisdom Insurance Agency, The Golden Rule Agency of Rolla, and Wisdom, Your Insurance Man of St. Robert).
A separate corporation, Barker Phillips Jackson Financial Corporation, was formed for the purpose of selling life, health, and associated financial products through banking institutions.
Naught and Naught Insurance of Rolla merged into the already existing Rolla branch.
Richard Jackson retired from Barker Phillips Jackson.
Tom Montileone joined BPJ as President and Chief Operating Officer. Two years later, he became the President and CEO.
Group Benefits, a long-standing agency in Springfield, Missouri, owned by Dallis Higginbotham, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.
BPJ headquarters moved from its long-time home on East Sunshine Street to a new location at 1637 South Enterprise Avenue in Springfield.
Bos Insurance, a long-standing agency in Republic, Missouri, owned by Henry Boss, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.
BPJ purchased a Property & Casualty book of business from Jenkins & Associates located in Springfield, Mo.
BPJ purchased the Nichols Agency book of business located in West Plains, Mo.
West Plains Insurance agency located in West Plains, Missouri, owned by Ron Murray, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.