The BPJ Difference
LOCAL AND INDEPENDENT FULL SERVICE BENEFITS AGENCY
- BPJ Combines the Financial Security of a Large Corporation with the Best Elements of a Smaller Local Organization
- Headquarter in Springfield since 1960 – Satellite offices in Rolla and West Plains
- Large customer service staff
- Average staff tenure is 15 years
- Broad spectrum of products, services and experience
- Readily available to clients
- Specializes in risk management and evaluates the best options to protect your business
- Local knowledge
- Community focused
- Relationship oriented
- Personal touch and service priority
IMPORTANT AGENCY PARTNERSHIPS
- Keystone Partners – Franchise Partner
- Keystone is the largest agency partnership group in the nation with over $2.3 billion in total property & casualty written premiums
- Partnership with Keystone gives BPJ the resources and capacity to compete with leading international brokers on the most complex cases
- Benefit Advisors Network (BAN) – Member Firm
- Over 65 independent employee benefits advisors firms
- Shared wisdom, tools, resources and products experienced benefits professionals nationwide
- BAN employs two benefits attorneys, an actuary, a human resources advisor, a medical director, a wellness directory and other support staff as a back office of support for member agencies
History of Barker Phillips Jackson
Springfield, Missouri has served as the headquarters for Barker Phillips Jackson (BPJ) since 1960. Since then, we’ ve added satellite locations in Rolla and West Plains.
Following is a bit of BPJ history. It’ s easy to see how growth through acquisition has resulted in our reputation as one of the largest, most influential in the industry.
Milton Phillips and Paul Barker formed Barker-Phillips.
Barker-Phillips purchased the E.W. Phillips Agency.
Barker-Phillips Insurers and Consolidated Jackson Corporation (est. 1934) merged to form Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc., the largest independent broker in southern Missouri. Richard Jackson became President/CEO.
Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc. became an employee-owned company through the implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Three east-central Missouri agencies merged and were simultaneously acquired by Barker Phillips Jackson, Inc. (The Wisdom Insurance Agency, The Golden Rule Agency of Rolla, and Wisdom, Your Insurance Man of St. Robert).
A separate corporation, Barker Phillips Jackson Financial Corporation, was formed for the purpose of selling life, health, and associated financial products through banking institutions.
Naught and Naught Insurance of Rolla merged into the already existing Rolla branch.
Richard Jackson retired from Barker Phillips Jackson.
Tom Montileone joined BPJ as President and Chief Operating Officer. Two years later, he became the President and CEO.
Group Benefits, a long-standing agency in Springfield, Missouri, owned by Dallis Higginbotham, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.
BPJ headquarters moved from its long-time home on East Sunshine Street to a new location at 1637 South Enterprise Avenue in Springfield.
Bos Insurance, a long-standing agency in Republic, Missouri, owned by Henry Boss, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.
BPJ purchased a Property & Casualty book of business from Jenkins & Associates located in Springfield, Mo.
BPJ purchased the Nichols Agency book of business located in West Plains, Mo.
BPJ becomes a Member Firm in Benefit Advisors Network (BAN). BAN includes over 65 Independent employee benefit advisor firms, providing tools, resources and products experience of benefits professionals nationwide.
West Plains Insurance agency located in West Plains, Missouri, owned by Ron Murray, merged with Barker Phillips Jackson.
Keystone Insurers Group, one of the nation՚s largest property and casualty insurance brokers, welcomed Barker Phillips Jackson (BPJ) as its second Franchise Partner in Missouri.
BPJ merges with Employee Benefits Design LLC of Springfield, Mo. A merger of 4 producers and support staff, headed up by EBD managing partners, Dan Ruggeri and Dan Burns.